Perform maintenance and repair of various types of mobile equipment in Company shops or on public roadways as necessary. Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs. Increasing responsibilities per job grade as indicated below.
• Diagnose problems and perform mechanical repair and maintenance to various types of equipment including but not limited to: tires, ready mix concrete trucks, heavy construction equipment and passenger vehicles
• Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects
• Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis
• Rebuild or fabricate parts as needed
• Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed
• Coordinate with location supervisor and review Daily Driver Reports (DDR’s), to prioritize work accordingly
• Input daily repair reports into software based tracking program
• Communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventative vehicle maintenance policies and practices
• Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment
• Order parts from approved vendors and drive Company pick-up/repair truck to pick up parts
• Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary
• May assist in the maintenance and repair of fixed equipment
• Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements
• Perform other duties as directed by supervisor
Performs duties safely, responsibly and proficiently.
Maintains good housekeeping practices in plant, tool and parts house and shop areas.
· Follows lube manual and guidelines and plant equipment service manuals.
· Performs a variety of duties as directed in addition to those described herein.
· Reviews lubrication reports and service records and under close supervision performs oil lube and filter service on all assigned equipment as directed.
Incumbent should be able to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift at least 45 pounds.
Incumbent must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions of heat and cold.
May be subject to wearing a respirator.
· Frequently works near moving, mechanical parts, and vehicular traffic.
· The employee may work in high and/or precarious places or cramped work space that requires getting into awkward positions.
Must be able to work required overtime and flexible work schedule.
Must be able to speak, read, and have a working knowledge of the English language.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent; completion of diesel mechanic school preferred
Experience: Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the construction/mining/concrete industry preferred
License: Valid Class “A” or Class “B” commercial driver’s license is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must be computer literate.
· Must have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of engine repair, driveline components and hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatics systems.
· Must be knowledgeable in principles of welding, sandblasting, and spray painting.
· Must be DOT qualified.
· Must be able to operate a ready-mix concrete truck.