Diesel Truck Mechanic
Argos Concrete Ready Mix is now hiring Diesel Truck Mechanics in the North Georgia area.
As a Diesel Truck Mechanic you will perform maintenance and repair of various types of mobile equipment in company shops or on public roadways as necessary.
• High school diploma or equivalent; completion of diesel mechanic school preferred.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in the construction/mining/concrete industry preferred.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of engine repair, driveline components and hydraulic, electrical, mechanical, and pneumatics systems.
• Must be knowledgeable in principles of welding, sandblasting, and spray painting.
• Must be DOT qualified.
• Must be able to operate a ready-mix concrete truck.
• Must be able to work required overtime and flexible work schedule.
• Must be able to speak, read, and have a working knowledge of the English language.
• Valid Class A or B CDL is a plus.
• Maximize equipment availability through the use of efficient and proactive preventative maintenance programs.
• Diagnose problems and perform mechanical repair and maintenance to various types of equipment including tires, ready mix concrete trucks, heavy construction equipment, and passenger vehicles.
• Operate and inspect equipment to diagnose defects.
• Perform routine preventative maintenance such as lubricating, oil changes, and failure analysis.
• Rebuild or fabricate parts as needed.
• Create work orders on repairs and services providing legible and accurate information for work performed.
• Coordinate with location supervisor and review Daily Driver Reports (DDR’s), to prioritize work accordingly.
• Input daily repair reports into software based tracking program.
• Communicate with drivers and plant managers to ensure adherence to preventative vehicle maintenance policies and practices.
• Use a wide variety of hand and power tools, cutting torches and welding equipment.
• Order parts from approved vendors and drive Company pick-up/repair truck to pick up parts.
• Operate fixed and mobile equipment as necessary.
• Assist in the maintenance and repair of fixed equipment.
• Comply with all Safety, Health, Environmental and other Company policies, procedures and requirements.
• Maintain good housekeeping practices in plant, tool and parts house and shop areas.
• Follow lube manual and guidelines and plant equipment service manuals.
• Review lubrication reports and service records and under close supervision.
• Perform oil lube and filter service on all assigned equipment as directed.
• Ability to stand, walk, or sit for extended periods of time; grip, climb, reach, shovel, squat, crawl, or pull, push, as well as, bend and lift at least 45 pounds.
• Ability to work in outdoor weather conditions of heat and cold.
• May be subject to wearing a respirator.
• Ability to frequently work near moving, mechanical parts, and vehicular traffic.
• Ability to work in high and/or precarious places or cramped work space that requires getting into awkward positions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.