Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Argos Concrete Ready Mix is now hiring Mobile Equipment Mechanics in Sarasota, Florida.
You'll earn benefits on your FIRST day!
Argos, with over 80 years in the market, has become a benchmark in the industry of cement, ready mix concrete and aggregates through our operations in Colombia, the United States, Central America and the Caribbean. Our business model focuses on the client and on sustainable development, which means it is economically viable, respects people, and is environmentally friendly and responsible.
• Repair heavy duty trucks and related equipment on the trucks. Work on and repair related equipment associated with shop area and also other equipment in and around yard area.
• Read job order and observe and listen to truck in operation to determine malfunction and to plan work procedures.
• Diagnose and repair/replace various parts/components that have failed or are causing malfunctions on the equipment, such as transmission, engines, drain lines rear axles, gear boxes and hydraulic components.
• Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems relating to the equipment and its components.
• Diagnose and repair problems related to the hydraulic components of equipment.
• Diagnose and repair problems on the steering systems of equipment.
• Diagnose and repair problems on the brake system of equipment.
• Service equipment: i.e., grease trucks and related equipment, change oils/fluids.
• Welding of components necessary for repair of equipment and/or fabrication of components/parts necessary for repair of equipment.
• Operate cutting torch and gas welding equipment.
• Operate shop tools: i.e., power drill, power saw and related power tools. Operate air tools, chipping guns and scalers, impact guns and related air tools.
• Operate service truck or tow truck with required license.
• Take orders, instructions, and guidance from supervisors and management.
• Apply knowledge of mechanical functioning of various components on the equipment, and make necessary repairs related to the equipment as these problems occur.
• Perform these jobs on an individual basis as well as being able to work with others in group situations.
• Work on various equipment in varying positions, either crawling under and/or laying on their back on top of or on a wheeled unit for various lengths of time.
• Work with wrenches and/or tolls as described earlier in all of the above circumstances. Do various jobs utilizing proper body mechanics.
• Perform the jobs required to repair equipment according to US DOT regulations and specifications.
• Comply with all company safety related rules.
• Work with safety related equipment to perform your duties.
• Always make sure that the equipment being worked on is made safe for oneself and other employees before performing any work related tasks.
• Ability to understand written instructions and/or problems written up concerning necessary repairs required for various equipment malfunctions.
• Ability to understand service/repair manuals relating to equipment/parts on which would be worked.
• Computer keyboard skills and or ability to learn through training.
• DOT inspector training certificate (upon request).
Technical Knowledge and Certifications
• Associate's or technical school degree; or minimum one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
• Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
• Valid class A or B license
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity in all aspects of our business.